Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:52:51 +0100
From:      Stefan Farrenkopf <sfarren@gwdg.de>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@freebsd.org>, jsha <johann@terrabionic.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

--On Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2004 9:25 Uhr -0700 Scott Long
<scottl@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> 1. Not only is the logo misleading (associating evil)

well I love the daemon. If someone associates evil it's probably because
he/she has a special cultural or religeous background.
This "religeous" item has been discussed already (more than once).
I do not agree that a ugly drawn animal
(<http://www.novell.com/de-de/linux/suse/>) or a man  wearing a hat
(<http://www.redhat.com>) is more up-to-date than the freebsd log
(regarding the image not the text part of the logo!).

best wishes,
Stefan