Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 20:57:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Michael Imamura <gte255n@prism.gatech.edu>
To:        Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix@privat.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running GAIM without Gnome?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2001, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Is it possible to run GAIM (from ports) without getting Gnome, panel and
> everything that is gnome started? I'm using KDE as my desktop, so having all
> these panels are a bit annoying...

Hi Bjarne,

To build the Gaim port without Gnome, use the "WITHOUT_GNOME" flag:

# cd /usr/ports/net/gaim
# make WITHOUT_GNOME=1 install

This will prevent Gnome support from being enabled at compile-time.  You
can also use "WITHOUT_ESOUND" if you don't want it to try to use esound.

              - Michael Imamura   mimamura@resnet.gatech.edu
                LUG@GT Web Guy    http://www.lugatgt.org/