Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2003 15:51:50 +0500
From:      thor@telecom.sarkor.uz (Timur)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VT82C686/A/B AC'97 Audio Codec

Hi!

I have integrated via82c686 soundcard..  I am new to freebsd (coming
from linux), and wishing to use it instead windows at work.  The sound
card in Windows XP is shown as AC97 codec, and works well.

Unfortunately, I have no luck with making it work under freebsd.  What I
am trying to do is to load via82c686 driver..  it loads, but the kernel
does not writes any messages about detected card (it with CMI8xxx card
at home)..

My FreeBSD is 4.8-RELEASE

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Timur.