Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:44:49 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe" <thelab@nmarcom.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: integrated support for iomega zip via parallel port

Crossposting to -hackers, -current and -stable is always a bad idea.

> Are there any plans to put the driver for the iomega zip and parallel port
> transfers into the kernel? I'm running stable right now, and it's a bit of a
> pain to merge the Linux port into the tree every time i want to do a kernel
> build after a cvs update :)

Er, what "Linux port" did you have in mind?

At this point in time, I don't have any plans to merge the ppbus code.
Whilst it's quite separated from everything else and seems to work
quite well, it's still not really "finished".

However, if there's more interest, I'd be quite happy to do the work.
(Jordan, there *will* be a machine I can test this on, won't there? 8)
\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\