Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 12:27:34 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        KWWANG@CSUPomona.Edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cyb driver (port 0x0 problem)

Brian Litzinger stands accused of saying:
> The problem is that the Cyclades board does not use any I/O ports.
> so apparently the FreeBSD stuff defaults to a port of 0 for each
> card, and hence the conflict.
>
> I asked the "knowledgable_ones@freebsd" what to do about this and
> never received an answer.

Having been tinkering around the edges of that code for a while, the best
thing you can do is specify 'port ?', which means that you don't use a port.
(The actual port value as passed to the driver is -1)

Hopefully, someone (probably me 8() will modify config to allow 'port none'
and 'port auto', which should be self-explanatory.

> Brian Litzinger

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[