Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:57:13 -0000
From:      "Niall Douglas" <s_sourceforge@nedprod.com>
To:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: c++ with pthread?

On 7 Nov 2005 at 8:10, Norbert Koch wrote:

> Hi.
> If you want to have classes with threads, I suggest
> you try the port devel/commoncpp. It is a portable
> c++ library for multi-threading. From my experience
> it works fine.

You could also try a free GUI toolkit. My own, TnFOX
(http://www.nedprod.com/TnFOX) can be built so that all the GUI stuff
is left out and you have just the system interface stuff.

FXThreadLocalStorage provides TLS, FXMutex is a highly optimised hand
written recursive mutex and FXThread provides a high level portable
thread implementation with cancellation facilities. The documentation
is at http://tnfox.sourceforge.net/TnFOX/html/

It's all regularly tested on FreeBSD.

Cheers,
Niall