Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:05:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1 (was: wd driver will be retired)

Anthony Kimball wrote in list.freebsd-current:
 > What I didn't like about CAM was that I lost my tape drive.  Since I
 > had all my backups and archives on DAT, it felt like a bad thing.

I don't think that's related to CAM.  At least my crappy
HP 1533A drive (DDS2) still works with CAM.

 > Which reminds me -- can anyone spare a 2.1 CD?  Please send me private
 > mail, if so: I foolishly neglected to convert to CD, and now I can't
 > find 2.1 on the web anywhere.

For example, you can find 2.0.5-Release and 2.1.7.1-Release
at ftp7.de.freebsd.org, for example.  See the "FreeBSD snap
finder" at http://www.itworks.com.au/~gavin/FBSDsites.php3

Well, or check it out from the CVS repository.  :)

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)