Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:04:15 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: code talks: announcing EIDE bus master patches

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 garyj@frt.dec.com wrote:

> I'm seeing these messages too. You probably need to enable DMA in the
> BIOS, if your BIOS supports that. Mine doesn't seem to :(

	If your MB is sufficiently modern, the BIOS image
	is stored in flash memory and you can upgrade it
	(usually BIOS upgrades are available from manufacturer's
	website of FTP, together with all the instructions).
	I did those upgrades several times, on ASUS, PackardBell,
	Intel MBs, no big problem, just be careful and attentive.

> ---
> Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
> 					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
> 					(play) gj@freebsd.org