Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 15:39:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fifos over NFS

Hi,

My take on the nfs code (in nfs_open) is that an open() on a FIFO
should return an EACCES.  I have no problems with that.  But when I

  NFS Server:  mkfifo foo;  cat < foo
  NFS Client:  echo "hello world" > foo

(over an NFS mount point) the shell hangs on the client trying to open
"foo" instead of returning an error.  Did I miss something like a
mount_nfs option?

Thought I'd pick yer brains before digging through the code and
sending in a PR.  I'm running 4.1.1-RELEASE.

-Paul.