Date:      13 Jan 97 22:42:07 EST
From:      John Gebhardt <74244.642@CompuServe.COM>
To:        question <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't get BSD to install Boot Easy

I have a PC with EIDE card w/bios extender and 2 harddrives.
Drive 1 = 240meg
   c:\ dos fat 240 meg
Drive 2 = 1.9gig
   d:\ dos 500 meg

I have System Commander as my boot manager.

I installed freebsd from dos partition wd1s1 (d:\) to the next 300meg of the
second disk (below the Mendosa line of 1024) and was asked if I wanted to
install boot easy. I said yes, but it never installed boot easy, it did install
the bin, info and manpages through custom install like I asked, I still get
system commander when I boot. After selecting yes to install boot easy I am
asked (AGAIN) where to install. Since I already went through the business of
Creating a partion earlier in the install, Is it really asking me where I want
install Boot Easy, If so do I select WD0 cyl 0?

Thanks,
John Gebhardt
74244.642@compuserve.com