Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:38:17 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1015339098.c810bf@mired.org>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Manuel.Hendel@easygolucky.de
Subject:   Re: USB Sanner with FreeBSD!?

Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net> types:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 10:28:23PM +0000, Matt H wrote:
> > On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:19:12 +0100
> > "Manuel Hendel" <Manuel.Hendel@easygolucky.de> wrote:
> > > I'm thinking about bying a USB Scanner, has anyone any experiences
> > > with that? Please let me know!
> The file
>     /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
> contains a list of all the recognised usb devices, including scanners.
> I don't know if this means they all actually work (I presume they do)
> but it does mean they will be recognised.

No, all it means is that they will be recognized. I'm not sure about
scanners, but for other devices, it doesn't even mean they'll be
recognized as being a device of that type.

The correct place to start is with the sane, and see if it supports
your scanner via USB. If so, then you should be ok.

	<mike