Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 21:18:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xdm for remote hosts only?

Hi everybody...

Just wondering if there's something I missed in the XDM manpage that will
allow XDM to run in the background as an XDM server for remote hosts only,
and NOT start up an X session on the local computer, nor require logins
for X sessions on the local computer.

I realize that an X server must be running for remote logins to work.
However, what I would like to see happen is for the X server to start,
then switch me back to my terminal screen.  (Without having to hit the
obligatory Ctrl-Alt-F# key combination :-)

Thanks for any help
Ryan Thompson