Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:49:34 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I FreeBSD missing timezone var ?

* Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it> [010420 07:34]:

> A friend is converting a tool from Linux to FreeBSD. Ihe is saying we miss
> a var. I am not a C expert so I can't answer him.
>
> "The only difference is this -- in linux, there's a builtin variable called
> _timezone. I couldn't find that in FreeBSD, so I created a simple function
> that would determine the timezone. "
>
> Do we have something similar to the _timezone var ?

Yes.

[rasputin@dogma rasputin]$ man -k timezone
adjkerntz(8) - adjust local time CMOS clock to reflect time zone changes and keep current ti
mezone offset for the kernel
timezone(3)              - return the timezone abbreviation
tzfile(5)                - timezone information
tzsetup(8)               - set local timezone
zdump(8)                 - timezone dumper
zic(8)                   - timezone compiler
--
Rasputin
Jack of All Trades :: Master of Nuns