Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:48:48 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Is bktr driver compatible with 3dfx Voodoo3 3500?

Donald,

> a Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP card.
>
> So I was wondering if the FreeBSD bktr driver
> supports this card?  (both TV and radio functions)

The bktr driver does not support and VGA+TV
combination cards on the market.
So there is no support for Voodoo3 3500 TV,
no support for the Matrox G400 with TV capture
no support for the Elsa Erazer III (TNT2) TV capture

The bktr driver is only for PCI cards using the
Bt848, Bt849, Bt878 and Bt879 chipsets from
Brooktree/Conextant/Rockwell.

Over in the world of Linux, they have been working
on drivers for the Voodoo3 3500TV so there is
an option to port code over or to get specs
and datasheets.

This would not be an extension to the bktr driver though.
It would have to be a new driver.
And if you write a new driver, you can either
use the Meteor Video API which we use in *BSD
or you could port the V4L API linux uses.

If you want to look at the various linux drivers, there
are links from my BKTR driver pages at
http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/bt848

Roger