Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:00:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
Subject:   big problem with AS1000 4/266 pls help!

Hello,
I had quite a terrible experience with AlphaServer 1000
during FreeBSD installation it always bloks on waiting 15 sec. for SCSI
Devices to settle.

So I thought to make a memtest fro mthe SRM console.
This test has the following result:
many machien checks happens and hte system restart displaying a list of
sequence numbers up to "1473" where it says "output stops here" or
something like that and is says "memory error detected by ROM"...
So I Tryed to schange hte memory simms into other free sockets but if I
change something the system starts with a sort of register dumps which
never ends or even the system does not start at all sending a beep
signal...
Anyone could please help me with this topic?? sorry if it is not
FreeBSD related
thanks a lot

Rick