Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:39:53 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Getting FreeBSD to ignore a disk when device probing

Hello,
When this system device probes, it complains like buggery about the disk
slicing on one of my IDE disk drives. This drive has no file systems of
any sort that have any implicit or explicit use by either my -stable or
-current installations. It does have an installation of netbsd and
windows ME on it, and the rest is empty space. Can I get it to shut up
and ignore the disk altogether ?

Likewise NetBSD complains about old-fashioned disk label types when it
starts, I guess it gets jealous when it sees the FreeBSD slices on the
SCSI drive..again this is none of it's damn business .. :)

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>