Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:26:00 +0100
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootloader / assert() failed

I just recently did a `make world` with the cvs source as of 8:00 CET and I tried to boot from it.
 .. unfortunately this update rendered my machine unbootable.

I have a multiboot machine with Windows98, and as soon as I choose to boot FreeBSD (F3 for me) it starts the loader and then it fails with an assert error.

I haven't yet been able to write down the exact errormessage, but I wanted to warn people upfront for this possible break in current. I wonder by the way what the correct recovery procedure is for a corrupted loader.

with regards,
 Stephan

--
Stephan van Beerschoten [SVB21-RIPE]       stephanb@whacky.net
  PGP fingerprint:  4557 9761 B212 FB4C  778D 3529 C42A 2D27