Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:08:54 -0700
From:      John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   any experiences noteworthy with Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 motherboard components?

Hello all,

I searched the archives for GA-965P-S3 and other permutations looking for
information about the components that come on this Gigabyte motherboard. I
didn't find much except stuff related to -current.

Can people relate any experiences using this motherboard under -stable or
-current? It appears from my reading that in -current the audio will be
supported through snd_hda, correct (ICH8 + Realtek ALC883)? Does it work well?
What about the Marvell 8056 ethernet? I couldn't find much information about
that one though--does the msk happen to support this one too (though the man
page doesn't specifically say so)?

What about any PATA/SATA problems / issues / successes?

Any success (or failurea) stories with the components on this motherboard
(whether it be in -current or -stable) would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural/Physical Design - some group - Intel   jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.   KT7JCR        FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."