Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:09:45 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Simon Walton <simonw@lucent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Subject:   Re: Modem on laptop...

Simon,

It appears to be working! I think I need to write a tutorial on
configuring the BIOS to make this all play. It turned out to be a
real pain, but I finally got my kernel and the BIOS on the same
pages. (Or really the same IRQs.) It's really annoying that the BIOS
in the ThinkPads is only configurable from DOS or Windows tools.

I have used kermit to dial one of our POPs and it worked fine. I now
need to get ppp configured, but that may take a while as I have never
used ppp on any Unix system. :-(

Thanks again for doing the work of porting the code to FreeBSD!

I am a bit swamped at the moment, but I may try making this a port
this weekend or possibly the first week in May when I will be taking a
day off. I'm on call for routing problems next week, so may not have
much time.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)