Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:00:00 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DANGER: login and friends with libscrypt/libdescrypt

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 07:51:18PM +0200, Mark Murray wrote:
> > This appears to have been lost.
> Hmm. I might be the culprit. Fixing now...

Uh, this seems to have been fixed by Peter a moment ago.

Now the only thing that I'd like to know is: where do I get the
current CVS sources for libdescrypt, so that this doesn't prevent
me from logging-in next time?

peter       1999/09/21 07:44:28 PDT

  Modified files:
    lib/libcrypt         Makefile
  Log:
  Somebody deleted the SONAME override causing the symlink to be expanded
  at link time and the target name compiled into the binaries.  ie:
  everything used libscrypt or libdescrypt explicitly.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.21      +5 -1      src/lib/libcrypt/Makefile

peter       1999/09/21 07:47:37 PDT

  Modified files:
    secure/lib/libcrypt  Makefile
  Log:
  Restore SONAME setting, otherwise libdescrypt.so.3 doesn't end up with
  a special SONAME of libcrypt.so.3 and the runtime symlink doesn't work.

  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.19      +5 -1      src/secure/lib/libcrypt/Makefile

--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr