Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:11:30 +0000
From:      Kim Cheung <ecs1749@netscape.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Urgent newbie question

I have a need to know how to log on to a FreeBSD system installed in my
notebook by a programmer.  He told me that the UserID should be root and
then gave me the password.  When I booted up FreeBSD, I entered root as
instructed.   Unfortunately the next thing that happens is that I get
thrown to a command proompt #TEST - rather then a password prompt.

I have an urgent need to get into this system and the programmer is
oversea and hasn't respond yet.

Could somebody please help and email me at kimwaic@deltanet.com.
URGENT URGET!!!   Thanks

Kim