Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2012 10:47:26 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wine, gcc and clang with CPUTYPE

--------------enigE5E68B7ADD8839155983C941

On 10/24/2012 07:26, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

>>> Oct 24 01:47:20 limbo kernel: CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ (1833.95-M=
Hz
>>> 686-class CPU)
>>> Oct 24 01:47:20 limbo kernel: Origin =3D "AuthenticAMD"  Id =3D 0x6a0=

>>> Family =3D 0x6  Model =3D 0xa  Stepping =3D 0
>>
>> Ok, this CPU should be recognized by llvm as "athlon-xp".  There is in=

>> fact no need to compile all the WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS programs, I just
>> remembered.
>>
>> If you compile a sample program with -march=3Dnative -v, it should sho=
>> you the detected CPU in the verbose command line output, e.g.:

Volodymyr, your initial email in this thread regarding clang's being
stuck on native code generation allowed me to wrap up a week of fighting
with an updated production box with a weird wine issue - thank you!

FWIW I filed a pr on this.  You've done much more useful legwork towards
a solution of the problem and I wanted to point it out to everyone how
helpful it was.  THANK YOU!

The pr is at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D173337

Howard