Date:      08 Feb 2002 11:12:44 +0100
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail.cf file

	Hi Joseph!

On 07 Feb 02 at 11:57, "Joseph" (Joseph Koenig) wrote:

 Joseph> In my sendmail.cf file I have the following: # Mailer table
 Joseph> (overriding domains) Kmailertable hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable

 Joseph> # Access list database (for spam stomping) Kaccess hash -o
 Joseph> /etc/mail/access

 Joseph> # Virtual user table (maps incoming users) Kvirtuser hash -o
 Joseph> /etc/mail/virtusertable

 >> From my understanding, that means sendmail should be using that
 Joseph> virtusertable file to do email aliasing/forwarding, correct? I
 Joseph> have an account set up on my machine, and I can send mail to that
 Joseph> account, pop it, and get the mail. However, if I go through the
 Joseph> steps I've found online for using virtusertable, and set up
 Joseph> joe@xx.xxx.xxx.xx to forward to the account that I know is
 Joseph> working, the mail never goes through.  Never gets bounced back
 Joseph> either. I just want to make sure I'm heading down the right path,
 Joseph> or I want to know if I need to recompile sendmail, or the
 Joseph> sendmail.cf file. Thanks,

 Joseph> Joe

You can test your virtual user mapping by typing

   sendmail -bt

and entering

   /map virtuser joe@xx.xxx.xxx.xx

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH