Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:33:26 -0500
From:      Niyamas <niyamas@gmail.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI AIW Rage Pro, + OpenGL

Heyo. Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting OpenGL
running smoothing with a rage pro based ATI card? GL runs, but it's
terribly slow. I'm running 5.3, and just want to get xscreensaver
working decently with the GL screen savers. I think it's got 16 megs on
it, maybe 32... not more than that, though. Am I asking too much out of
this card? The PC is a dual P3 1.0ghz box with 512 megs RAM, and GL ran
fine on it under windows... wasn't the youngest girl at the ball, but
she still turned a head or two. Are there any good walkthroughs in
getting GL running better?