Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:14:45 +1100
From:      Murray Taylor <murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>, "W. Sierke" <ws@senet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mitsubishi Diamond Touch keyboard problem

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:16, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Friday, 28 March 2003 at 14:13:45 +1030, W. Sierke wrote:
> > Greg 'groggy' Lehy wrote:
> >> This is probably a timing problem with the keyboard.  I had a couple
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> I'd suggest you try 4.8 or 5.0 and see if the problem persists.  You
> >
> > Thanks for that, Greg. In fact I had originally attempted an install of
> > 5.0 and when I sought assistance with that same problem it was suggested
> > that I drop back to 4.7. So the problem does still appear to be present.
> >
> > Who could I speak to in order to determine whether any assistance can be
> > offered in debugging any outstanding issues with this keyboard?
>
> This kind of question has come by before.  IIRC it's a question of
> setting certain timing delays correctly.  See if you can find anything
> in the archives.  Google may also be able to help.
>
> Greg
> --

-------------------------------8<--------------------------------

I cant recall the PR number but this is in the send-pr database...
Someone created the entry nad I added to it..

It is to do with the setting of the atkbd flag in the GENERIC kernel
as supplied.  It has to be set to 0 for the Mitsubishi keyboards to have any
hope of
working ... but in the GENERIC kernel from about 4.5?? it is set to 1. So on a
new
install, you will get through the bootloader then die.........
Not being a kernel driver hacker.. I didnt/couldnt get any further.

The only workarounds for the Mitsubishi keyboards is dont use them. OR
install an early distro (4.5??), cvsup to -STABLE or wherver, edit the
GENERIC configuration file and set the offending flag to 0, make world
and try again. (verrryyyy tedious... and could still bite you)

We got a batch of these keyboards some time ago at work and had to return
them all.

HTH

Murray Taylor
Special Projects Engineer
---------------------------------
Bytecraft Systems & Entertainment
Phone: 61 3 8710 2555
Fax: 61 3 8710 2599
Direct: 61 3 9238 4275
Mobile: 61 0417 319 256
Email: murraytaylor@bytecraftsystems.com
or visit us on the web
http://www.bytecraftsystems.com
http://www.bytecraftentertainment.com

This Email has been scanned for Viruses by MailMarshal.