Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 16:52:31 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: what magazines do you read?

Amancio Hasty wrote in message ID
<199707132020.NAA08050@rah.star-gate.com>:
> I think the best think to do is to correct the Magazines :(
>
> At least here in the US I get the feeling that everything
> that I read revolves around Microsoft ...

Most of their advertisers rely on M$ one way or another. This means
knocking M$ in the editorial sections is bad as the advertisers will
run. This means a lot of the `consumer' mags are real buddy-buddy with
all things Microsoft. There are (or were) even allegations in the UK
of some of the mags taking backhanders from M$ for giving good reviews
of M$ software.

Sorry. I meant to say they got ``advertising bonuses''

Sigh.

Anyone want to donate about $20 billion to the FreeBSD project so we
could put M$ in their place?

Gary