Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:42:44 -0600 (CST)
From:      James Van Artsdalen <james-freebsd-amd64@jrv.org>
To:        tomh@waterloo.equitrac.com
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New AMD64 owner

> From: "Haapanen, Tom" <tomh@waterloo.equitrac.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:30:02 -0500
>
> What about the ACPI issues?  I emailed about those a few days ago, and I
> have seen other questions, too.  Are these a real problem, or am I too
> concerned?

I have been ignoring these for a couple of months and have not been
struck down by lightning from above.

There have been reports of a couple of devices not working that
sounded to me like potential IOAPIC/IRQ/etc mapping problems caused by
using bad data from ACPI tables (whether the BIOS had a bogus table or
FreeBSD a bogus parser is unknown to me).  This is rare.

In short, if it seems to work, it probably does.
If it doesn't work, try turning off ACPI in the BIOS.