Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:24:40 -0700
From:      Steve Franks <franks@rudbek.com>
To:        Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com>
Cc:        Alex Keda <admin@lissyara.su>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About bwi

2009/2/26 Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:09 AM, Alex Keda <admin@lissyara.su> wrote:
>> Kip Macy =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
>>>
>>> Someone needs to be there to maintain it. To the best of my knowledge
>>> no one appropriate has stepped forward.
>>>

>> And what exactly should be supported?
>> He finished - nothing more to do.
>
> I actually didn't finish it (the finished part works well enough for
> me on dfly for all of the 8 bcm cards I have) and I do not have enough
> time to keep working on it. =9ASeveral folks mailed me about what to do
> next, I pointed them to the spec on the web, however, I didn't hear
> from any of them after that.
>

>> no way to develop a driver.
>> the new cards have to write a new driver.
>
> I based on following URL when I worked on the "old" driver:
> http://bcm-specs.sipsolutions.net/
>
> For newer parts you will need following one:
> http://bcm-v4.sipsolutions.net/
>
> Hope this will be useful to you.
>
> Best Regards,
> sephe
>
> --
> Live Free or Die
"

If someone could give me a hand on where to stick the tgz into
/usr/src and get started, I'll have a go...I've written alot of
drivers for 8051-style toys, I'm not sure if I'm man enough for this,
but I'd rather try and fail, then skip the attempt.  If nothing else,
a working bwi in ports would answer an awful lot of ndisgen emails...

I've seen a number of posts around the web.  Was this for stable or
current?  I really don't have a functional current box at the moment,
but several stable boxes where ndis0 won't find my AP's...

Just to add to the fun, my latest system is brand-new, so it's a
mini-pci-express bwi; I assume if that works, it's going to
incorporate alot of other new cards...

Steve