Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 00:44:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   ld.so not installed

Hi,

I'm running FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE (just did a make world the other day (-:),
but I've got this tiny little problem preventing me to run Netscape. I
attempted to make install the following ports:

   www/netscape47-communicator
   www/netscape47-navigator
   www/linux-netscape47-communicator
   www/mozilla                        (M12)

But none of the netscapes installed, and M12 does not run properly. The
problem seems to lie in the fact that my system has no ld.so library
installed in /usr/libexec or so. Does anyone know how I should install
this library? Shouldn't this lib come with the default distro or so?

This is the output I get for netscape47-communicator:

--------- START OF OUTPUT -------------
bash-2.03# make install
===>  Installing for netscape-navigator-4.7
===>   netscape-navigator-4.7 depends on shared library: X11.6 - found
Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bash-2.03#

Any suggestion is welcome.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan, Java Architect

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened,
 and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ