Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:29:27 +0100
From:      Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
To:        Jonathan Horne <freebsd08@dfwlp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: remote x session

Jonathan Horne wrote:
> well, the part i didnt mention before, was the method behind the
> madness. its
> actually a jail-host, with 3 jails running. my intention, is to keep the
> latest of kde, gnome, and xfce built on each, and just remotely attach to (or
> forward) its x session from my main workstation.  i vision it basically
> working just like when i sit down to my workstation, and type 'startx'.
>
> cheers,

Hmmm well may I ask why you want such a setup ? The only advantages I
can see are to keep your main-workstation free of the builds for your
WMs and the fact that your main system remains somewhat cleaner. But I
doubt it will weigh up against the time-costs for your X11 forwarding ?
Or am I missing something ?

Regards,

--
-Frank Staals