Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        Julian Peterson <weaver@earthcorp.com>, FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: tcsh [TAB] ; man someth-[TAB]? [ctrl-d?]

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:06:01PM -0500, Julian Peterson wrote:

{Somehow my e-mail address got dropped from this thread's headers :( and my
last name from the included text contents.}

> > You can type "man a<ctrl-d>" and it will list all possible completions (ie all man pages starting with an "a")
> Aha, I see now how it works. Nifty feature :-)  -Edwin
> Edwin Groothuis      |           Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
> edwin@mavetju.org    |        Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
> bash$ :(){ :|:&};:   |                    http://www.FatalDimensions.org/

I have often wondered and worried about this "<ctrl-d>" simulation of the
tcsh's [TAB] functionality -- is not there a risk of hitting "ctrl-d" and
having your login exit??

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder