Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2005 10:14:37 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Hans Nieser <hans@nieser.net>
Subject:   Re: sk0: watchdog timeout

--nextPart2967148.vPMoispgLc

On November 26, 2005 09:15 am, Hans Nieser wrote:
> A long, long time ago Vladimir Dvorak wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem with network card. From time to time kernel says
> >
> > sk0: watchdog timeout
>
> I just ran into the same issue. I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe in my
> desktop machine which runs FreeBSD 6.0+Xorg+Gnome. It has two on-board
> NICs, the nvidia one and a Marvel one. The nvidia was one big disaster and
> was giving me device timeouts so I never bothered with that one again.

I have an sk0 too on one of my computer's onboard A8V-DX which will timeout=
=20
once in a while too.  I found a way to reduce down time by modifying my=20
rc.conf to force 'full-duplex 100Mbps'.  Now, even when it goes into a=20
watchdog timeout, I quickly get back my link within that second.

This is what my rc.conf line looks like:

ifconfig_sk0=3D"inet 192.168.1.100 media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex net=
mask=20
255.255.255.0"

Nicolas.
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Sat Nov 19 12:36:29 EST 2005    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? (updated 16 Nov 05) : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc