Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2015 10:11:03 +0000
From:      Chris Rees <crees@physics.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cross building ports amd64/armv6

Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at  09:44:31PM +0000, Chris Rees wrote:
 >> The issue I have is with the odd port that tries to install(1)
 >> empty files, such as lang/python27 and audio/libvorbis [2].
 >>
 >> I can reproduce this by entering the build jail, and *on the wrkdir
 >>  mount* touching a, installing a b.
 >>
 >> The wrkdir is created with mdconfig -a -t swap -s 3G by poudriere,
 >> and it doesn't happen on the zfs partition that the partition
 >> resides on. I've narrowed it down to this ancient optimisation
 >> (mmap and write if less than 8M), which is from ~r1000 [3]; if I
 >> disable this block of code and just use the code below it (read to
 >> buf, write from buf) the problem disappears.
 > It took an effort to understand what is your problem.  Is it EFAULT
 > from something in install(1) ?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, the EFAULT comes from install as far as I can tell.

 > Does it happen on amd64 system or on arm system ?

It happens on the amd64 system, in an armv6 jail.

> What are the filesystem types  both for the source and destination
 > files locations for failing install ?

This is within the same filesystem- UFS.  I've discovered md has nothing to
do with it-- UFS on ada0p4 also has the same issue, but only within the jail
i.e. only with the armv6 (x)install binary.

Doesn't happen with ZFS, even if I make a new zpool and mount it inside
the jail.

> Also, provide the ktrace -t  '+f' / kdump output for the failing
 > install(1) run.

ktrace doesn't work inside the jail of course, so I made this with:

% sudo ktrace -t '+f' jexec 278 install wrkdirs/a wrkdirs/c

https://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/pfault

Hope that's enough.

Chris

believed to be clean.