Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:43:15 +1030
From:      Wayne Sierke <ws@au.dyndns.ws>
To:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox QT issue

On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 20:20 -0500, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Adam Vande More
> <amvandemore@gmail.com> wrote:
>         Yes that is how I was using ssh -Y(with an active X on both
>         systems).
>
>         Doing a little digging, I've found some old GL stuff on my
>         system.  I'm going to do a complete clean, and ground up
>         rebuilt to make sure it isn't something with just my system.
>
> Same result.

I'm not familiar with ATI but from the stuff that Google is pulling up
it looks like it could well be an issue with the ATI drivers. You might
want to provide some more details - FreeBSD version, xorg configuration
and log files, and hopefully someone might spot any potential issues you
could be having with your integrated ATI RADEON HD 3300 Graphics
(RS780).

In the meantime you could try running VirtualBox as:

        VirtualBox --rmode image

from http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2001 :

        The image mode uses the builtin Qt graphics mode and don't
        depends on SDL. Several problems vanish when using this
        mode, ...

Wayne