Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Firestar <theebh@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ADSL USB modem in FreeBSD

Hi, I posted my question to the newsgroup previously,
but no one offered any solution. Hope someone could
offer some advice here.

I have this Aztech USB ADSL modem (DSL500U) that I am
using to connect to internet currently. It works fine
in Win2000. The specs of the modem is at
 http://www.aztech.com/products/dsl500u.htm

I am trying to get it working in FreeBSD 4.5-Release.
I followed the steps in the handbook about using MPD,
and use the same settings as listed there. However,
"ifconfig ng0" returns nothing.

Looking at the boot-up logs, it seems the usb modem is
detected. However, I also noticed that the 3 indicator
lights (POWER, ADSL and DATA) are always on. In Win2K,
the DATA Led only blinks when data is transmitted.

Regards,
Firestar