Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:01:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting FreeBSD with Lilo

Anastasia Leventi-Peetz writes:
> thanks a lot for the info.
> I already knew that. I wish to have more than one kernels by the
> FreeBSD system booting always with lilo and chosing various
> FreeBSD kernels each time.
> Any suggestions?

Use grub instead of lilo? I'm not familiar with Lilo, but at least one
Linux distribution (Mandrake) uses grub, and it has no problems
booting multiple Linux distros, multipe FreeBSD distros, and providing
different boot options to boot the same system in different modes.

It's in recent versions of the ports tree, in /usr/ports/sysutils/grub.

	<mike