Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2009 08:31:35 -0300
From:      "Luiz Otavio O Souza" <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.net>, Qing Li <qingli@freebsd.org>, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with inward PPTP tunnel

> Hi,
>
> I read over your patch and I don't think you need to
> change the definition of rt_Update() to fix this bug.
>
> Have you read my patch committed to head/user.sbin/ppp/route.c
> on 12/18/2008?  svn r186308, cvs r1.96.
>
> Please take a look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Qing

Hi Qing,

Yes i've read your patch, but i don't understand what you are meaning... and
yes, changing the definition of rt_Update is not my first intention, but it
is the way i've found to fix this.

Backing to the patch... The rt_Update need the ifp and ifa information to
correctly update the route, and this is available only in route_UpdateMTU
(wich read the current route table).

You are suggesting that this information could be found at sa[RTAX_GATEWAY]
(if sa[RTAX_GATEWAY]->sa_family == AF_LINK) ? And i don't need to pass the
sa[RTAX_IFP] and sa[RTAX_IFA] ?

Well, i really don't remember, but i'll check and post an update later.

Thanks,
Luiz