Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 1995 18:00:37 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Binary compatibility with NetBSD

> > It *may* be possible for a utility to automatically pull out the changes
> > and commit messages at a later date, but *until* the libraries are
> > sync'd up, this will not work.  (And I don't want to be the one to write
> > this utility)
>
> Here's a simply utility:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "Here is the committ messages!"
> cvs log $*
> echo "Here are the changes!"
> cvs diff $*
>
> Admittedly, it could do with some user parameter checking.

Ahh, this assumes that you have read access to the RAW CVS tree.  This
is *NOT* the case with the NetBSD sources.  I'm coming from the
assumption which affects me.  I *don't* have access to the raw
NetBSD-CVS bits, and I doubt highly you would get access to them for the
purpose of taking them for FreeBSD.

Nate