Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 02:18:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      skalir <skalir@binary.databits.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        petef@binary.databits.net, skalir@binary.databits.net, rojahawke@hotmail.com, ghandi@mindless.com
Subject:   gettytab (acting REALLY weird!)

nder /etc/gettytab on my FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE system,

i changed the default line from the :im=blah blah blah:
to - :if=/etc/login.message:

no that is uposed to echo the contents of that file (/et
(/etc/login.message) when ever some on logins via
console or telnetting in right?

well, its very weird!

oh, i did this on two exact, 3.1-relese machines

it only shows it on console on machineB, and shows NOTHING
if you telnet to machineB.

but at machineA, it shows it at console login and
if you telnet in, how god damned weird?
I ran diff on machinea and machineB on that file, no differences!

any ideas, would be greatful!