Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 16:03:07 -0400
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Options for starting "*.sh" programs

In the '/usr/local/etc/rc.d' directory, I have discovered that I have
several options available with the various programs listed there.

For instance, take the samba.sh program. It lists these options:

[fast|force|one](start stop restart rcvar status poll}

I understand the obvious start, stop, restart, rcvar and status. However,
what do the fast, force, one and poll options do?

I cannot seem to find anything in the manual regarding this? No doubt, I
am looking in the wrong place.

--=20
Gerard Seibert
gerard@seibercom.net

	College is like a woman. You work so hard to get in, and nine
	months later you wish you had never come.