Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:01:51 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        peter@gcsl.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: process named 'adjkerntz -i' ?

On Thu, 11 June 1998 at 19:00:39 +0100, Peter @ GCSL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On one of our machines which we have installed FreeBSD 2.2.6 it is
> showing a process named "adjkerntz -i".
>
> Does anyone know what this is ?

Internally, UNIX keeps UTC (GMT) time.  Microsoft and other PC
environments keep local time.  In order not to have to reset the
system clock when multibooting, you start adjkerntz, which ADjusts the
KERNel Time Zone.

If you're only running FreeBSD, like you should be, then you can set
the hardware (CMOS) clock to UTC and do without the adjkerntz process.

Greg