Date:      Sat, 9 Sep 2000 00:24:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Subject:   Re: Problem with buildworld

Thanks Kent.  Ufortunately, my UPDATING file is empty, no comments at
all.  It is dated Feb 9, 2000, which is odd.  I had already removed
the links to softupdates in the /usr/src/sys/ufs/ffs directory.  I am also
clearing /usr/obj.  The message I am getting is:

cd /usr/src/include/../sys;  install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444 ufs/ffs/*.h
/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/ufs/ffs
install: ufs/ffs/softdep.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

I am using the server at cvsup5.freebsd.org to obtain my updates.  And yes, I
did manage to grab 3.5.1, although I don't think this is the root of the
problem.

Gene

         Tetron Software, LLC
    http://www.tetronsoftware.com
FreeBSD  Apache  PostgreSQL  Oracle 8/8i
Windows 95/98/NT  Visual C  Visual Basic