Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:56:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Oliveiro <joe@advancewebhosting.com>
To:        Assad Khan <assad.khan@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-VS-Linux---Some Venting from Linux's side!

Microsoft is great at com calls, you dont see me running it. From past
experiences converting high traffic servers from NT -> Linux -> BSD, BSD
IS the better of the three. Never have the servers which i run been so
stable. As for the 2.4.0 Kernel, it was just released. Im sure there will
be plenty of root exploits, bugs, problems (as always) with it to soon be
found.

You've said it yourself, BSD has a 20+ year headstart over linux so logic
would say that it is the better OS. My understanding is that the BSD code
audit is better than linux, which explains why the amount of exploits for
BSD servers/services are non-existant compared to linux.

As for Linux being better than NT? Ofcourse it is but hey, which OS isnt
better than NT?!

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"