Date:      Mon, 3 Jun 2002 11:04:57 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        questions@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   apsfilter/linux ports inconsistency?

I tried to update apsfilter from my (recently updated) ports tree.
The apsfilter "make" went OK, but when I asked for "make install", the script
sought acroread, then linux_base.
PROBLEM.  I already have linux_base 7.1 installed.  The apsfilter script
calls for linux_base 6.1.   Fortunately, a checksum error prevented the
install (see below).
Q.  What would happen if I obtained a fresh "binutils" and allowed the
install to proceed?  Note that for Open Office to run I need glibc 2.1.3 or
higher And at the moment I am running glibc 2.2.4

-----  messages from apsfilter "make install" ------------

 ===>  Extracting for linux_base-6.1_1
<snip>
>> Checksum OK for rpm/glibc-2.1.2-11.i386.rpm.
<snip>
>> Checksum mismatch for rpm/binutils-2.9.1.0.23-6.i386.rpm.
<snip>
 type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/acroread4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter.