Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:11:38 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        mtntrip@telusplanet.net
Cc:        Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reading/Mounting a CD-RW

Did you write the disk as an ISO disk or by using the option that
makes the CD-RW look like a normal disk? If the latter, it is written
is UDF format, a new format for writable optical media. It's used for
CD-RW and DVD-RAM. There is a Linux kernel module to allow reading UDF
format disks, but I don't think that it is available for and BSD.

UDF is not a proprietary format. I hope it makes it to FreeBSD some day.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)