Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:54:12 -0500
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?q?C=E9sar_Amaya?= <csar@123.com.sv>
Subject:   Re: CUPS +

On Friday 12 January 2007 12:53, C=E9sar Amaya wrote:
> Hi list, have you ever installed cups + samba for a print server? That
> is what I am trying to do, the print server box set up is as the followin=
g:

> - FreeBSD 6.1 release
> - cups-1.2
> - samba 3
> - hpijs-2.1.4
> - foomatic-db-20061214
> - cups-samba-5.0.r3
>
> I have installed and tested the printer properly via web interface of
> cups. The problem comes when I try to push the Windows printer drivers
> with cups, I get a error message
>
> # cupsaddsmb -H localhost -U root -h localhost -a -v
> Password for root required to access localhost via SAMBA:
> No Windows printer drivers are installed!
> No Windows printer drivers are installed!
> No Windows printer drivers are installed!
> I have already download the respective drivers.

I don't have any experience pushing Windows printer drivers out through Sam=
ba,=20
but I do know that cups clients (Windows or otherwise) don't need=20
printer-specific drivers. They should just use a PS driver (the one you can=
=20
download from Adobe or one of the ones that ships with Windows) with the=20
appropriate ppd.

JN