Date:      Sun, 06 Feb 2000 22:46:34 -0500
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        "Adam" <mjryan@netins.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD boot

It sounds like you need a boot manager of some sort.  FreeBSD's own
BootEasy should be able to handle the task.  Last time I used it, it
automatically detected the partitions that were available, so configuring
it was unnecessary.  I'll assume this is still the case.  If BootEasy is
installed in the boot sector of the primary hard drive, you should get the
prompts to press a function key to boot the selected OS.

Alternatively, I think you can use NT's bootloader to boot FreeBSD.  Making
the correct changes to the C:/BOOT.INI file should allow you to add an
entry for your FreeBSD partition.  PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SYSTEM FILE
AND THAT YOU EDIT IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!  ANY MISTAKES MAY RENDER YOUR
COMPUTER UNBOOTABLE!  (Is that a word?)

--Chip Morton