Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:52:25 -0500
From:      Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        Doug Silver <dsilver@quantified.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape error using Amanda/dump

Doug,

    I found on my Archive DAT drive, once a tape has been corrupted in
some form, there is not much you can do except chunk it.  Had some
similar problems with dump/tar/cpio/afio, ad-nauseum, and the only thing
that fixed it was a new tape.  I've had that problem before with the
FUJI brand, and now refuse to buy them.  Their customer support is
non-existant.  FWIW, anybody know of a way to "rejuvinate" corrupted,
but otherwise little used tapes?

Sam

--
Just because you're moving fast         |       BURMA SHAVE
doesn't mean that you're really         |