Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 00:34:00 +0100
From:      Jesper Skriver <jesper@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gregory T Pelle <pelleg3@insightbb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd/sparc64 bootable iso available

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 06:26:10PM -0500, Gregory T Pelle wrote:

> > It almost works on my Ultra5 270MHz.  The machine boots correctly, but
> > will not let me login.  It seems like the keyboard is not recognized.
> > The keyboard works in Debian Linux, so I am fairly certain that the
> > keyboard is good.
> >
> > The keyboard is  Type 5c

Try a serial console, I'm allmost certain that Jake's install used a
serial console, this works fine for me.

> Further information, I am receiving a message that says that root fails
> to mount.

You need to edit /etc/fstab if you use the default ATA drive, simply
replace da0 with ad0 and make sure the slices are correct too.

/Jesper

Work:    Network manager   @ AS3292 (Tele Danmark DataNetworks)
Private: FreeBSD committer @ AS2109 (A much smaller network ;-)