Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2005 13:56:32 +0200
From:      Lars Tunkrans <lars.tunkrans@bredband.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mozilla's install hanging on amd64

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 00:19 -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>I've enabled Calendar in www/mozilla. The port builds fine, but at the
>>install time it hangs at:
>>
>>I can see regxpcom running at full steam consuming all available CPU.
>>
>>I first blamed the -O2 switch, but exactly the same thing happens after
>>a complete rebuild of the port with -O. This is on a single-processor
>>Opteron system. According to ktrace, the regxpcom process is doing
>>nothing, but occasional:
>>
>>	3237 regxpcom RET   kse_release 0
>>	3237 regxpcom CALL  kse_release(0x7fffffefef50)
>>
>>Any ideas? Thanks!
>

> Does this happen without the calendar enabled?  Perhaps there is a bug
> in that code.  I'm not so sure the calendar code has been as scrutinized
> on amd64.
>
> Joe

This is not a new problem. I reported it om the freebsd-Mozilla list last september.
Its regxpcom that ends up in a tight loop.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mozilla/2004-September/000153.html

At that point no one took notice :-(
Its an intermittent problem. Sometimes one gets stuck and sometimes not.

//Lars